Forcing a packet through an interface (OT?)

Mario Lobo mario.lobo at ipad.com.br
Tue Jul 12 14:20:40 GMT 2005

Yeah Stefan. They do take the default route. That is what I am already doing.

I even wrote a little prog using a variation of ping to do just that.

The problem lies with the fact that, there is a router between my rl0 and the internet.

1) rl0 -----------> router ----------> antenna ------>  ISPx ------> internet

So the fact that i can ping the hop next to rl0 doesn´t mean the link is up :(.

That is why I NEED to ping something on the internet.

Thanks,
--
   //|  //||
mario.lobo at ipad.com.br