CUPS crashes on FreeBSD 5.3

Bram Van Steenlandt brampie at no-wackos.com
Tue Jan 25 09:05:24 PST 2005

Update on the situation:

I tried it without X11 and after approximatly 4 to 6 prints I get

panic: page fault (it then stop doing anything)

I finally got reply from cups (also asked them wether 4.10 would solve
the problem)

New comments added:

More than likely this is an issue with the USB printer driver in FreeBSD. Unfortunately, since we no longer have any FreeBSD systems in our lab, I have no idea whether 4.10 will solve the problem.

I *do* know that in the Linux 2.4.x days, we found that USB printing was unreliable with the Dymo printers, so we use the serial port instead...

regards bram