CUPS crashes on FreeBSD 5.3

Bram Van Steenlandt brampie at no-wackos.com
Tue Jan 25 08:37:24 PST 2005

Hi all

I use cups for printing and occasionally it just crashes.
When it does the entire system freezes (no mouse movements no clock
ticking no caps lock etc.)

I've told them about this (I have support contract) they asked me to
strace cups and its child processes which I did but I don't think they
are finding a solution.

So if anybody has encountered this problem or might have a clue why the
entire system crashes and not just cups plz let me know

Or if anybody know of an alternative wich works better than cups

Im using FreeBSD 5.3/i386 fully up to date and a dymo printer

regards bram

attachement is strace file