freebsd problem: Cannot detect Hard Disk (SATA)

yoke an yokean1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 04:20:06 PST 2005

   Hi ,

   We have recently purchased Tyan Transport GX21 (B2735G21S2) with Tiger
   i7501R S2735-8M motherboard. I'm trying to install FreeBSD v4.8 but it
   cannot detect my hard disk during the installation. I think the
   problem should be the SATA driver. Coz I'm currently using SATA
   instead of IDE/ATAPI.

   Is FreeBSD v4.8 support SATA or any available free downld driver for
   SATA? Can I use "ICH5-R SATA Chip driver " for supporting FreeBSD
   v4.8? If yes, where can i downld it?

   HW spec:
   HDD model: Seagate, ST380013AS.
   Motherboard : Tiger i7501R S2735-8M

   Hope the above info is sufficient for you.

   Thank you so much

   rgds Ann

   Search the Internet from any Web page with [1]MSN Toolbar.