Kernel threads & libc

Dmitry Agaphonov rzhe at agava.com
Tue Feb 22 06:27:17 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I'm forced to implement kernel threads in application not via LinuxThreads
library (because it doesn't compile on FreeBSD 4.10 with gcc-3.4.4, too
much errors while processing /usr/src code), but using rfork_thread(3).
And the main question I currently stuck on is which libc functions I need
to wrap to make them thread-safe and reentrant on multiprocessor systems,
since rfork_thread(3)s are created with RFMEM flag and libc_r is not used.

Could somebody please give ideas or point me to the appropriate reading?

Thanks!