nagios and freebsd threads issue : help please ...

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Aug 22 15:47:56 GMT 2005

In message: <Pine.GSO.4.43.0508221130550.28532-100000 at sea.ntplx.net>
            Daniel Eischen <deischen at freebsd.org> writes:
: On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > So there's something in the list, I've gone through and done a call
: > tree analysis to show the extensive and pervastive nature of the
: > functions that nagios calls after fork.  I don't know if these are all
: > problems or not, since I don't know if some of these functions might
: > be called before the first thread is created with pthread_create.
: > However, any that are called after that clearly have undefined
: > behavior.
:
: Note that we (David Xu and myself) took a different approach
: to handling fork() in libpthread (and probably libthr) than
: was done in libc_r.  We thought it better not to try and
: reinitialize libpthread (and to some extent libc) because
: it is messy and to expose non-portable applications.

Is there some way to flip a switch and get an abort in all the
non-async-safe-safe functions in libc :-)

Warner