pthread functions swallowing stdout, and stderr?

R. Tyler Ballance tyler at tamu.edu
Sat Aug 20 08:23:44 GMT 2005

Howdy, I'm working on my SoC project, where one of the important, yet
broken, functions is being called from pthread_once()

I have printf()'s before the pthread_once() call to help me debug,
and printf()'s after the pthread_once() call, but the function that
is called in pthread_once() has printf()'s inside it that never
output to stdout :/

Here are some links in case I'm not making sense:
http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileViewer.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/
soc2005/launchd/liblaunch.c&REV=7

The function that calls pthread_once() is launch_msg() on line 692,
the pthread_once() calls launch_client_init() on line 119.

Nothing from within launch_client_init() gets output to the terminal,
while the printfs in launch_msg() before and after the
launch_client_init() call are both output....

Any tips? :/

Cheers,

-R. Tyler Ballance