Finding an illegal instruction in gnucash/guile

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 10 11:00:04 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-Aug-06 21:49:35 +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>I recently upgraded gnucash and dependencies and am now getting SIGILL
>during startup.  This originally occurred on 5.3 but I'm getting
>exactly the same thing running on a recent -CURRENT with a freshly
>built (from scratch) ports tree.

Well, I don't know what the actual problem was but blowing away
.gnome/GnuCash, .gnome/accels/GnuCash and .gnucash fixed the problem.
It appears there's been an incompatible change somewhere (though it
also suggests a lack of error checking somewhere).

Pity I didn't think of that a week ago :-(.  (Though I did discover
a bug in regex(3) during my otherwise fruitless search through
gnucash's dependencies).

--
Peter Jeremy