FreeBSD desktop?

Karel Miklav karel at inetis.com
Tue Aug 2 06:11:12 GMT 2005

ray at redshift.com wrote:
> Okay, good to hear.  I love FreeBSD - I dumped Linux redhat a couple
> of years ago and moved all of our servers over to FreeBSD and just
> love it.  I really want to be able to make FreeBSD my desktop and it
> seems like i should be able to get it up and running and configured
> like SUSE or Redhat or Xandros or something along those lines with a
> little work.

I was switching to FreeBSD for five years. First my web server, then
notebook and finally home computer. It was obviously not easy, but the
desire to live in a consistent world drove me. And what can I say now:
well, my wife and kids don't complain, I only need to learn one
platform and being up-to-date is easy. What a tremendous relief!

Some hints: gnome, mozila, openoffice, wmi, xterm, qemu, mplayer...

--

Regards,
Karel Miklav