region code in cdrecord

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Sun Apr 24 10:57:59 PDT 2005

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

>Tim Kientzle <kientzle at freebsd.org> writes:
>

>>With cheap DVD players down to about $50, just buy another
>>player and set it to Region 2.
>>

>Uhm, why would you rather have two players locked to different regions
>than a single unlocked player?

I wouldn't "rather", but I think it might be simpler.
I also seem to recall hearing about discs whose region-coding
was done in such a way that they would not play
on unlocked players.

Mostly, it just occurred to me that falling DVD player
prices make the whole "region code" concept rather
silly.  (Movie-industry paranoia backfires again? ;-)

Tim