region code in cdrecord

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sun Apr 24 12:45:18 PDT 2005

Tim Kientzle wrote:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>
>> Tim Kientzle <kientzle at freebsd.org> writes:
>>

>>> With cheap DVD players down to about $50, just buy another
>>> player and set it to Region 2.
>>>

>> Uhm, why would you rather have two players locked to different regions
>> than a single unlocked player?
>>

> I wouldn't "rather", but I think it might be simpler.
> I also seem to recall hearing about discs whose region-coding
> was done in such a way that they would not play
> on unlocked players.
>
> Mostly, it just occurred to me that falling DVD player
> prices make the whole "region code" concept rather
> silly.  (Movie-industry paranoia backfires again? ;-)

I would rather have the ability to create clean disks, rather than have
to try ti fix the dvd players of any friends I loan a dvd to.

BTW, I found my mail problem, I switched from using courier-imap to
dovecot for may imap server, because the permission-access for courier
was too complicated, but I forgot to turn off the rc.d file, so I had
battling imaps.  Very wierd results, which is why it took me so long to
figure it out, and I let it get out of hand.