Route/arp help?

Neo-Vortex root at Neo-Vortex.net
Thu Apr 14 02:23:05 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 16:38, M. Parsons wrote:

> I was under the impression (but would need to check to make sure) that
> all incoming packets are diverted to ng_pppoe when it is hooked into the
> Ethernet interface.
>
> This would explain your problems.
>
> Can you try this without the interface being used for PPPOE?

I have a single interface for PPPoE using netgraph and it connects to the
modem, and other computers fine

> > For the record, http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/9693 is the page
> > on how you access the line stats, and the MAC part is required for my
> > modem.

The only reason i could think of as to why it is required, is if its ip
address isn't 10.0.0.1 as you think it is and for some strange reason it
accepts ip packets as its own if the ethernet header points to its MAC
address... try setting it to DHCP and see if you get an ip... else look up
the manufacturer for the default ip and try a factory reset