JKH Task: Stack saving/tracing functionality.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 11 09:07:33 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:08:33AM -0400, Jeff Roberson wrote:
+> I have proprietary code from a previous employer of mine that implements
+> some really useful debugging features.  I'm looking for someone who is
+> interested in cleaning it up, making it architecture indepenent, and
+> getting it running on current.  The code basically allows you to save and
+> manipulate stack information.
+>
+> This would be very useful for things like lockmgr, which right now we
+> can't really pass file:line information down to without making #ifdef mess
+> of all of the APIs as options DEBUG_LOCKs does somewhat today.  Lockmgr
+> would have a buffer which contained the last N EIPs up the callstack, and
+> this information could be queried and printed using a simple api.
+>
+> Interested parties please email me.  We can discuss this and I can provide
+> source.

It would be probably useful for wintess, so when first order is stored,
it can be stored with stack and on LOR, both backtraces can be shown.