JKH Task: Stack saving/tracing functionality.

Jeff Roberson jroberson at chesapeake.net
Mon Apr 11 06:08:36 PDT 2005

I have proprietary code from a previous employer of mine that implements
some really useful debugging features.  I'm looking for someone who is
interested in cleaning it up, making it architecture indepenent, and
getting it running on current.  The code basically allows you to save and
manipulate stack information.

This would be very useful for things like lockmgr, which right now we
can't really pass file:line information down to without making #ifdef mess
of all of the APIs as options DEBUG_LOCKs does somewhat today.  Lockmgr
would have a buffer which contained the last N EIPs up the callstack, and
this information could be queried and printed using a simple api.

Interested parties please email me.  We can discuss this and I can provide
source.

Thanks,
Jeff