A hack to rebuild port KLDs during kernel builds

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Nov 29 04:24:44 PST 2004

Hi,
I have a few "third party" KLDs on my system (nvidia, acpi_ppc, dell, if_ndis)
and it's quite annoying to have to rebuild them each kernel build, or
upgrade. I have thought about putting them in /boot/modules but I have had
this crash on my fairly often (esp since I am running -current).

If you want to try it..
Apply the diff and make /usr/local/kld and copy port-makefile.txt there as
Makefile.

Note that (obviously) the ports need to be tweaked to install the driver
source and build infrastructure there, but that's not too hard (to do by hand
for now anyway). I have the 4 I mentioned building just fine with 5 minutes
work.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum