SPAM/virii apparently from freeBSD addresses.

Craig Boston craig at tobuj.gank.org
Mon Mar 1 11:43:15 PST 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 10:53 am, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Swen and MyDoom are easy to detect and reject at the SMTP stage.  The
> fact that our mail servers don't do this is a PITA, as it forces list
> subscribers to accept them as well (if you reject list mail because it
> contains a virus, Mailman disables your subscription)

Most of the Swens I get don't come from the list servers but are sent to my
subscription address directly (probably grabbed from posts to the list).

I have a separate address for each list to make sorting easier.  When I set up
freebsd-hackers, I was getting Swen sent to me within an hour of posting to
the list for the first time.  I filter it but it still wastes bandwidth...

Craig