quiet ATX mid-Towers

Vulpes Velox kitbsdlist2 at HotPOP.com
Fri Jun 18 17:10:38 GMT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:39:25 -0700 (PDT)
zera holladay <zera_holladay at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Under a kind suggestion, I am re-submitting this
> e-mail with a different subject.  The old message was:
>
> Hello, I am looking for a very quiet ATX mid-tower and
> I was wondering if anybody has a suggestion or
> recommendation.  My hard disks produce the most
> decibels at the most annoying frequency -- it_s not a
> bad fan.  I am an EE student using FreeBSD, so a quiet
> computer is very important to me.

Use larger fans, make sure the case you pick as good air circulation,
and get fans with either variable resistors or auto adjust.

Look around on some case modding and over clocking sites and the like.

Water cooling or the like may be good too. Or possibly a all around
bigger heatsink.