quiet ATX mid-Towers

Jiafu He jiafu_he at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 22:55:43 GMT 2004

Actually, what matters eventually are the fans not the case. I often bought the cheap cases and replace their fans with ultra quiet double bearing fans (noise < 20 or 25db would be almost unnoticeable). neweggs and tigerdirect often have good deal for fans (but they charge for shipping). Compusa is another good place to go.

Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlist2 at HotPOP.com> wrote:On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:39:25 -0700 (PDT)
zera holladay wrote:

> Under a kind suggestion, I am re-submitting this
> e-mail with a different subject. The old message was:
>
> Hello, I am looking for a very quiet ATX mid-tower and
> I was wondering if anybody has a suggestion or
> recommendation. My hard disks produce the most
> decibels at the most annoying frequency -- it_s not a
> bad fan. I am an EE student using FreeBSD, so a quiet
> computer is very important to me.

Use larger fans, make sure the case you pick as good air circulation,
and get fans with either variable resistors or auto adjust.

Look around on some case modding and over clocking sites and the like.

Water cooling or the like may be good too. Or possibly a all around
bigger heatsink.