lpt module

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Sat Jun 12 16:46:30 GMT 2004

hi hackers,
i have some trouble to setup my (stupid GDI) printer on freebsd.
when i try to use lpt0 (lptest, lptcontrol, cat) i always get "device
busy".

so i decided to play around a bit with the lpt module. first thing i
noticed when compiled lpt as module is: i cannot unload it (kldunload
says: device not configured). somewhere in the  net i read that this is
an expected behaviour (as it is for usb afaik) because lpt module does
not release memory properly (?)

but of course i do not want to reboot my system each time i played a
bit with the lpt code. so i am looking for a (temporary) "hack" to allow
lpt to kldunload. I guess a good starting point would be the
modevent handler for the lpt module, unfortunately i cannot find it :(

so could someone point me to the right direction, please ?

thanx!
regards,
seb

ps: i am running current

--
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."