A new sort utility

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Sep 15 20:47:01 PDT 2003

At 9:47 PM -0400 9/15/03, Richard Coleman wrote:
>Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>At 8:53 PM +1000 9/15/03, Tim Robbins wrote:
>>
>>>Comments/patches are welcome. As the "History" suggestion
>>>of the manual page suggests, my plan is to get this in to
>>>FreeBSD 6, along with replacements for some other GNU tools.
>>
>>Might we put this in freebsd-current (5.x), but under some
>>other name?  sortbsd, or something?
>
>Why would you want to do that?

Just so we could have it in 5.x, instead of the stated plan
of waiting until 6.x.  I do not feel strongly about it, other
than to say that it'd be nice if this was part of 5.x, and I
don't know if we want to switch to rewrite of 'sort' at this
point in 5.x.  *Someday* we've got to stop dropping in major
changes to 5.x, and get serious about releasing it as -stable
so we can start on 6.x-current.

Just my 2 cents.  I don't feel strongly about it.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu