Booting a machine over the network without pxe.

omestre omestre at freeshell.org
Mon Sep 15 10:37:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, John-Mark Gurney wrote:

 Well, i would be very happy with my patch in FreeBSD project!
 That without say that a "real" programmer would take care of the patch
:), and i will just use the features in my servers.... :))
 I don't know what should i do. I did think that after i submit a PR, the
devel men will fix any problems to fit the FreeBSD project needs. Sorry,
but is my first PR... Shall i fix it?? Well, shall i change the
boot.netif.hostname to kern.hostname? Because if so, it's very simple in
my patch, because is JUST a variable. For my patch do not cares the
variable name. Do you know what i mean? I've just put that name because i
did think that i was making a good thing. :))
 Or maybe you can do that? Tell me what i must to do, and i will make the
changes. I don't know how to make a new "OPTION" in FreeBSD kernel to my
patch, you can help me?
 Thanks again, sorry about the newbie questions, but i really don't know
the procedures.

 Leal

omestre at sdf.lonestar.org