linprocfs issues

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Tue Sep 9 00:35:35 PDT 2003

"Steven Hartland" <killing at barrysworld.com> writes:
> Also it seems that linprocfs relies on procfs being mounted
> however I cant find any docs that mention this and see no
> reason why it should be the case. The problem I see
> is that I get errors from linux apps about /proc/<pid>/file
> not existing. When trussing them they are never trying to
> open "file" I suspect it is happening when the access either
> cmdline or exe most likely exe.

linprocfs uses parts of the procfs code; for instance, linprocfs's
<pid>/exe and procfs's <pid>/file are backed by the same code.  In the
case of <pid>/cmdline, which exists with the same name in both FreeBSD
and Linux, linprocfs relies on procfs's cmdline to "show through"
rather than duplicate it.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no