linprocfs issues

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Mon Sep 8 03:31:56 PDT 2003

For some strange reason linprocfs will mount multiple times
to show this ensure you have the entry in fstab and then
mount -a; mount -a
You will now see 2 entries via df for linprocfs.

Also it seems that linprocfs relies on procfs being mounted
however I cant find any docs that mention this and see no
reason why it should be the case. The problem I see
is that I get errors from linux apps about /proc/<pid>/file
not existing. When trussing them they are never trying to
open "file" I suspect it is happening when the access either
cmdline or exe most likely exe.

    Steve / K