POSIX Threads

Isaac Gelado igf at tid.es
Wed Oct 29 04:09:40 PST 2003

Hello all,
  I am developing a distributed application based on MICO (mico-2.3.9),
which uses Packet Capture Library (PCapLib).

  In the code, I create a posix thread to execute the pcap_loop function
(this function waits until certain number of packets have been captured
or infinite if the number is 0). When PCapLib captures a packet and
pcap_loop is running it calls to a handle function inside the same thread.

  This schema is working correctly in a linux machine, so when a packet
is captured an CORBA event is sent to clients. But, when the server is
running under FreeBSD 5.0, the handle function isn't executed when a
packet is received. In FreeBSD the handle function is executed, for each
packet, after certain time (maybe when the buffer of PCapLib is full),
which is a problem because it sends events too fast to clients so the
CORBA event service fails.

  Why happens this?

Thanks and Regards
|        Isaac Gelado           |                          |
|       Telefónica I+D          | Tlf 983367649            |
|    Paq. Tec. de Boecillo      |                          |
|        Valladolid             | igf at tid.es               |
|   As gold which he cannot spend will make no man rich    |
| so knowledge which he cannot apply will make no man wise |