interrupt statistics

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Nov 21 06:39:47 PST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:13:46PM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> Peter Pentchev <roam at ringlet.net> writes:
> > I was thinking about the setgid bit too, but it can only be removed when
> > all of vmstat's functionality, not just dointr(), is converted to use
> > sysctl.
>
> I know; I'm working on it, and am more than half done.
>
> > Still, here's the updated patch I was speaking of, just to show you what
> > I meant about the !VMSTAT_SYSCTL buglet and it being less intrusive;
> > kvm_openfiles() was not invoked even in the !VMSTAT_SYSCTL case, meaning
> > dointr() wouldn't work at all then.
>
> VMSTAT_SYSCTL is a mistake; vmstat must decide at runtime whether to
> use sysctl (live system) or libkvm (postmortem).

Oh; right.  Sorry.  Should have picked that up from your last message
about the postmortem analysis.

By the way, the '???' comes directly from i386/isa/mp_machdep.c, the
update_intrname() routine; looks like there has never been a device
driver or anything that has claimed interrupt 0 :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at sbnd.net    roam at FreeBSD.org
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.