iSCSI

Harti Brandt brandt at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Nov 7 01:57:42 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Danny Braniss wrote:

DB>hi all,
DB>	is there any interest/progress with SCSI over IP?
DB>I am asking because our NetApp is supposed to support it, and the other
DB>approach, FiberChannel/EMC seems 'slightly' expensive.
DB>
DB>thanks,
DB>	danny
DB>PS: all our servers are running Freebsd 4.[8-9] with great success

Did you look into Joerg Schillings SCSI library? As far as I know it
allows transport of SCSI over whatever connection you have. It should be
included in the cdrecord sources (don't know whether there is a standalone
port). You may also contact schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de.

harti
--
harti brandt,