console

omestre at freeshell.org omestre at freeshell.org
Thu May 15 07:51:08 PDT 2003

 Hello,
 I have a FreeBSD 5.0.
 How can i change its console resolution (i want 1280x1024x16).
 I have just compiled the kernel with some new options:
 sc_pixel_mode
 vga_width90
 vesa
 fb_debug

 Now, when i run the command: vidcontrol -i mode
 I see the mode that i want there. There are some greater too.
 1600x1152...
 I guess that the FreeBSD documentation about it, is "poor". :(
 Or, maybe i do not look in the right way...

 ps.: In linux i have "splash consoles". Can i have this in FreeBSD?
      (pictures in the console's backgrounds).

 Thanks

---