FBSD 5-CURRENT: Kernel Makefile.inc1 Error

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Mon Dec 8 10:48:02 PST 2003

Thus spake Garance A Drosihn (drosih at rpi.edu) [08/12/03 13:40]:
> >It's not clear from what you're saying, but will this cause
> >problems with the statfs stuff?  I've been under the impression
> >that a 5.1->5.2 upgrade requires me to build and boot a new
> >kernel before I can install a new world -- it's not clear if
> >you're saying I need to build /and install/ a new world
> >before building a kernel, or if I just need to build world...
>
> My comments were not trying to cover the installation steps.
> All I said was that you have to do a BUILDworld before you
> do a BUILDkernel, because it sounded to me like you might
> have been building a 5.2 kernel without doing any matching
> buildworld.

And my request for clarification was as a result of you not mentioning any
of the install steps -- I (having recently botched a 5.1->5.2-BETA upgrade)
didn't know if you were /insinuating/ an installworld, or if you left it out
because it wasn't to be done.  Hence my request.  But this has all been
cleared up now -- thanks.