ports/158174: x11/gdm: fix call to setusercontext(3)

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 03:43:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 6/24/11 7:13 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>>> Do you have MAC enabled in your kernel?
>>
>> Yes I do... So.. I have changed from:
>>
>> ---------
>> LOGIN_SETALL & ~LOGIN_SETGROUP) < 0
>> ---------
>>
>> To:
>> ---------
>> LOGIN_SETALL & ~(LOGIN_SETGROUP | LOGIN_SETMAC)) < 0
>> ---------
>>
>> Now, the GDM starts GNOME as normal as before. Is patch with
>> ~LOGIN_SETMAC good to you? Or you have different way of fix it?
>
> I actually thought you may not have MAC in your kernel, and that is why
> the init failed.  Are you seeing any syslog related to why
> setusercontext() fails?  I'm guessing because there is no MAC label in
> /etc/login.conf, but I'm curious to know if we can fix MAC
> initialization for those that may want it.

Correct, I don't have any of 'label' (maclabel(5)) in my login.conf.

Guess what? I don't have this problem anymore for some reason. O_o I
have went back to his orignal patch then enable collect all log info
in the syslog (all.log). Reboot..... Now gdm starts GNOME perfectly. I
can't reproduce it anymore. I have check patch and reinstall it twice
to make sure. I will commit it tomorrow.

--
mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team