ports/158174: x11/gdm: fix call to setusercontext(3)

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Sat Jun 25 00:20:33 UTC 2011

On 6/24/11 7:13 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 6/24/11 4:28 PM, mezz at freebsd.org wrote:
>>> Synopsis: x11/gdm: fix call to setusercontext(3)
>>>
>>> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
>>> State-Changed-By: mezz
>>> State-Changed-When: Fri Jun 24 20:27:37 UTC 2011
>>> State-Changed-Why:
>>> It doesn't fix. It creates a bug. When I start GNOME with your patch and now
>>> I get this: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/gdm_pr158174.jpg
>>>
>>> Without your patch, GDM starts GNOME perfectly.
>>
>> Do you have MAC enabled in your kernel?
>
> Yes I do... So.. I have changed from:
>
> ---------
> LOGIN_SETALL & ~LOGIN_SETGROUP) < 0
> ---------
>
> To:
> ---------
> LOGIN_SETALL & ~(LOGIN_SETGROUP | LOGIN_SETMAC)) < 0
> ---------
>
> Now, the GDM starts GNOME as normal as before. Is patch with
> ~LOGIN_SETMAC good to you? Or you have different way of fix it?

I actually thought you may not have MAC in your kernel, and that is why
the init failed.  Are you seeing any syslog related to why
setusercontext() fails?  I'm guessing because there is no MAC label in
/etc/login.conf, but I'm curious to know if we can fix MAC
initialization for those that may want it.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome