devel/libsoup and gnutls

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:32:07 UTC 2011

On Jul 15, 2011 5:08 PM, "Barbara" <barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it> wrote:

> I've tried to rebuild devel/libsoup using WITHOUT_SSL=1.
> In Makefile there is:
>    .if !defined(WITHOUT_SSL)
>    LIB_DEPENDS+=   gnutls.47:${PORTSDIR}/security/gnutls
>    .else
>    CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--disable-ssl
>    .endif
>
> But after the build I get
> $ pkg_info -rx libsoup  | grep gnutls
> Dependency: gnutls-2.12.7_2
>
> I've also found that a lot of ports I've installed depends on gnutls, I
think
> that's because those dependency are reported in /usr/ports/INDEX-8.
> But running libchk, I obtained this result:
> Binaries that are linked with: /usr/local/lib/libgnutls-extra.so.47
>        /usr/local/bin/gnutls-cli
>        /usr/local/bin/gnutls-serv
> Unreferenced library: /usr/local/lib/libgnutls-openssl.so.27
> Binaries that are linked with: /usr/local/lib/libgnutls.so.47
>        /usr/local/bin/certtool
>        /usr/local/bin/gnutls-cli
>        /usr/local/bin/gnutls-cli-debug
>        /usr/local/bin/gnutls-serv
>        /usr/local/bin/p11tool
>        /usr/local/bin/psktool
>        /usr/local/bin/srptool
>        /usr/local/lib/libgnutls-extra.so.47
>        /usr/local/lib/libgnutls-openssl.so.27
>        /usr/local/lib/libgnutlsxx.so.27
> Unreferenced library: /usr/local/lib/libgnutlsxx.so.27
>
> I know that libchk can't be 100% accurate but I have 124 installed ports
> depending on gnutls!
> Is this correct?

Probably. I spent so much tome tracking down dependencies and re-installing
over 300 ports that I just punted and did 'portmaster -aDf' which took a LOT
less time.

Things like opens, libgcrypt, and gnutls get pulled onto so may things that
make any use of encryption and those line them get into apps that don't even
use encryption.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Retired
kob6558 at gmail.com