NTFS drives don't mount in Gnome after switching to NTFS-3G

Stefan Stefansson stefan.stefansson at live.com
Thu Dec 23 08:34:29 UTC 2010

I am using FreeBSD 8.1 Release amd64 with Gnome 2.32.

I followed the directions on the HAL FAQ site and was able to get my NTFS drives to mount automatically when logging in. As this was only Read-Only, I installed the FUSE-NTFS port (sysutils/fusefs-ntfs) so I could use NTFS-3G and be able to write to the drives as well.

I followed the directions in /usr/local/share/doc/hal-0.5.14/README.fuse, however, my NTFS drives no longer load.

I submitted a text file to pastebin that includes all the information requested in the "How do I troubleshoot problems with hal?" section of the HAL FAQ. (I apologize if I should have posted the text here, but I wasn't sure if pasting a 4325 line text file was appropriate)

The URL is: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=rsZZieNh

Thanks for any help in advance.

Stefan