Where is gdmconfig

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 10 02:30:19 PST 2009

Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:

> I've rolled back to gdm-2.20.8 due to several problems with new gdm,
> like - no themes support, ugly user-selection window, wrong vt selection
> (I like to see X on vt12).
>
> No problems with old GDM so far.

Same - altho I had not saved a copy of the port for 2.20.8, so used the
gdm-2.20.1 port off an older 7-STABLE fixit cd I'd cut a while back -
works fine. Gnome's own documentation for gdm-2.24 implies it is still
work in progress with theming etc to come later. I notice that even
normally bleeding edge Linux distros like Ubuntu are shipping 2.24 with
a (rethemed) gdm-2.20.

regards

Mark