deskutils/gnote and dbus

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Dec 12 18:22:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:10:14 -0600, R.Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru>
wrote:

> Good day!
>
> I want to build gnote with dbus support. I've check configure and
> realize that it builds with --enable-dbus on default, but we have
> --disable-dbus in CONFIGURE_ARGS of port's Makefile. So i just comment
> out CONFIGURE_ARGS and tried to rebuild, but it fails to find dbus
> bindings for cpp. From config.log:

<snip>
> No package 'dbus-c++-1' found
<snip>

> Please tell me, which port should i install to make it working. I've got
> this:
>
> dbus-1.2.16_1       A message bus system for inter-application
> communication
> dbus-glib-0.82      GLib bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
> eggdbus-0.6         D-Bus bindings for GObject
> py26-dbus-0.83.0_1  Python bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
> qt4-dbus-4.5.3      Qt4 bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
>
> Thanks in advance.

The error and list of installed dbus ports are self explained. We do not
have any dbus-c++ in the ports tree. The dbus-c++[1] is still in
development stage and they haven't release a tarball yet. Therefore, the
dbus is disabled by default without option provided.

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus-c%2B%2B

FreeBSD GNOME Team