Updating gnome

Sean Cavanaugh millenia2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:49:38 UTC 2009

---------------------------------------
> From: stevan-tiefert at kabelmail.de
> To: freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:16:05 +0100
> Subject: Updating gnome
>
> Hello list,
>
> why should I do 'portupgrade -a' to update gnome? Why 'portupgrade -R
> gnome2' is not right? I think it should be enough to update every port
> which the meta-port gnome2 is pointing, isn't it?
>
> With regards
> Stevan Tiefert

'portupgrade -a' will upgrade EVERY port you have installed on your computer, whether its actually associated with gnome or not. this option may be an issue if you have a slow computer or an application that you do not want updated. on the plus side, it will bring all your ports to latest version offered thru ports.

its up to you how you want to proceed

-Sean