Nautilus-terminal-extension restart festival

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Thu Apr 16 03:13:22 UTC 2009

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> What about the other workaround of adding:
> AutostartCondition=GNOME /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop
> to nautilus.desktop work?

After some wrangling, that also works. Apparently when you change this
file, you need to log out and back into the gnome system (I'm using gdm
here) for changes in that file to take effect.

If I'm reading this correctly, that line says to only start nautilus
automatically if /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop is set?
If so, that's much cleaner. I hope you will consider a patch like
this for other users who may be "enjoying" the same frustration. ;)

Is there documentation to this language and/or these files anywhere?
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Nasrudin was driving a friend in his car at a spanking
pace. Suddenly, glimpsing a signpost, the friend called out
"Mulla, we're going in the wrong direction!"
"Why don't you ever think of something good?" came the
reply. "Just look, for instance, at the speed we are going at."