HAL issue

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Tue Apr 7 12:20:22 PDT 2009

On 07.04.2009 22:00, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> yerenkow at uct.ua wrote:
>
>> Hello guys!
>> I'm not in list, so, please reply to me too.
>>
>> I've issues with hald on pc-bsd.
>> It's regular when have russian language, and labeled ntfs/cd drive.
>> when I click to mount in dolphin, nothing happens, only such records
>> added to /media/.hal-mtb:
>>
>> /dev/ad0s5s1    1001    0       ntfs    nosuid,-u=1001,-C=UTF-8
>> /media/disk-2
>> /dev/ad0s5s1    1001    0       ntfs    nosuid,-u=1001,-C=UTF-8
>> /media/disk-3
>> /dev/ad0s5s1    1001    0       ntfs    nosuid,-u=1001,-C=UTF-8
>> /media/disk-4
>> /dev/ad0s5s1    1001    0       ntfs    nosuid,-u=1001,-C=UTF-8
>> /media/disk-5
>> /dev/ad0s5s1    1001    0       ntfs    nosuid,-u=1001,-C=UTF-8
>> /media/disk-6
>>
> I don't see any /dev/ad0s5s1 device in lshal or in GEOM.  This looks
> like a problem with whatever KDE is using to mount the device.  If KDE
> were to try and mount /dev/ntfs/stuff, it should work.  In fact, you
> could test that using gnome-mount which will do the mount via hald:
>
> gnome-mount -b -n -v --device /dev/ntfs/stuff
>
> Joe

Thanks Joe, I tried this command and it mounts OK.
but! In /media/.hal-mtab in records no parameter for encoding, only for
nosuid.
And one more thing, if dolphin from KDE tries to mount with something
different from hald, why is these records
in /media/.hal-mtab appears?
which command place it there?
Joe, I'm not quite familiar with hal, is there somewhere described
life-cycle of hal-mounted disks?
If this really KDE-related issue, could you help me to make a report for
kde maintainers@ freebsd?
Wha info I should provide them?