GDM auto login

Wout Decré wout at delta-design.be
Wed Sep 3 17:04:54 UTC 2008

Hi, according to the GNOME FAQ question 23 (How do I configure GDM for
automatic logins?) you should create a gdm-autologin file and put it
under /etc/pam.d, but wouldn't it be more elegant to put it
under /usr/local/etc/pam.d?

I also noticed the file /etc/pam.d/gdm_disabled, but what is it's use?

Thanks for the great job on GNOME, I'm a very happy FreeBSD user for
over 5 years on my servers, and decided to also use it on my new laptop
as a workstation (I'm using a boot password, so that is why I use the
auto login feature), you guys made it a peace of cake :)

Wout