GDM auto login

Wout Decré wout at delta-design.be
Wed Sep 3 17:42:35 UTC 2008

Hi again, just noticed that there should also be a minor adjustment for
the gdm-autologin file. According to /usr/src/UPDATING
auth	required	pam_nologin.so no_warn
should be changed to:
account	required	pam_nologin.so no_warn

So I think a better gdm-autologin file would be:

auth       required     pam_permit.so
account    required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_unix.so
session    required     pam_permit.so

I guess someone should verify this, cause I'm no PAM expert. I have done
it like this on my laptop, the auto login works and I don't get any
error messages anymore.

The error message was:

gdm-binary[2463]: in openpam_dispatch(): pam_nologin.so:
no_pam_sm_setcred()
gdm-binary[2463]: in openpam_dispatch(): pam_nologin.so: no
pam_sm_authenticate()

Kind regards

Wout