[Fwd: in Gnome2-removable media]

Szára György lagymata at freestart.hu
Thu Jan 24 11:15:29 PST 2008

dear Sirs,
now I am going to install FreeBSD 6.1 version. I had some Linux
experiances previously.
Please lend me a halping hand in my worry.
Allthough I have been inscrived on yours discussion forum
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/
I am unable to find a clue how to get to work my removable media - on
Gnome desktop - namely USB mass storage device and floppy.
The thing is stuck dreadfully allthough I did my best to carry out all
the config instruction from the Handbook and from your home page and
faq. Namely I had dbus_enable=YES, polkitd_enable=YES  in /etc/rc.conf
and # pw group mod operator etc written.
In the meantime I atempted via command dmesg that shows the system has
remarked the attached USD KINGSTON pen drive. Despite the recognition of
attached USB device by the system it failed me to make appear the icon
on screen. Despite all my endevour  at the panel botom to add removable
utility via the desk top utility the USB icon or any removable device
icon does not shows up.
The same occors with the floppy drive where I put an experimental disk.
On the Gnome desktop the removable media key does not appears and nore
reacts any way.
Beyond these difficulties you could me provide some relief when send me
some information regarding how to unmount manually an umass -usb-
device.
  Any suggest regarding my concern would be highly appreciated from you.
  your sincerily  Gyorgy Szara