Here's result.. [WAS Re: Updated hal]

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jan 5 21:01:29 PST 2008

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 22:30:45 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 21:34 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>> There is a simple problem, I couldn't eject data CD and movie DVD by
>> push
>> eject button on the DVD driver. I get error message, 'Cannot eject
>> volume'. Strange, the eject button works great on blank DVD+R but not on
>> data CD and movie DVD. I had to right click on the data CD or movie DVD
>> icon on desktop then click on 'Eject', then icon will disappear with
>> same
>> error message. After that I am able to push on eject button to get disc
>> out.
>
> I will need you to run hald as:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes
>
> And get the output when the eject button is pressed.

Done: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/hal-eject.txt

It looks like at 414 line is when I tried to press eject button on DVD
drive. Then later I clicked on 'Eject' in the menu on desktop's CD icon.

>> BTW: Your n-c-b patch in previous email has fixed problem too.
>
> I committed it.  Thanks for testing.
>
> oe

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org