Here's result.. [WAS Re: Updated hal]

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 5 21:21:36 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 23:01 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 22:30:45 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 21:34 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >>
> >> There is a simple problem, I couldn't eject data CD and movie DVD by
> >> push
> >> eject button on the DVD driver. I get error message, 'Cannot eject
> >> volume'. Strange, the eject button works great on blank DVD+R but not on
> >> data CD and movie DVD. I had to right click on the data CD or movie DVD
> >> icon on desktop then click on 'Eject', then icon will disappear with
> >> same
> >> error message. After that I am able to push on eject button to get disc
> >> out.
> >
> > I will need you to run hald as:
> >
> > /usr/local/sbin/hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes
> >
> > And get the output when the eject button is pressed.
>
> Done: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/hal-eject.txt
>
> It looks like at 414 line is when I tried to press eject button on DVD
> drive. Then later I clicked on 'Eject' in the menu on desktop's CD icon.

Please run gnome-volume-manager in a similar manner:

gnome-volume-manager --daemon=no

And also try running gnome-eject manually, and see if you get additional
messages.  From what I can see, hal only gets an Unmount request, and
that seems to execute successfully.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome