ports/120526: x11-wm/xfce4-desktop, x11-fm/thunar: should depend on graphics/librsvg2

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 22 01:08:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 08:36 +0900, Hiroto Kagotani wrote:
> Thanks all,
>
> 2008/2/22, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>:
> > Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >  > I think he means by run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders to update the
> >  > etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the install/deinstall of librsvg2. I
> >  > think (uncheck) our librsvg2 ports already does it.
> >
> > Right, but in order for librsvg2 to do that, it needs to depend on
> >  gtk20.  Even if you write an external script to do the add/remove, the
> >  actual pixbuf engine requires gtk20 in order to build.  Either way you
> >  slice it, gtk20 cannot depend on librsvg2.
>
> I didn't know librsvg2 port ran gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders at deinstallation.
> Now, I find out my true problem is:
>   install gtk20,
>   install librsvg2,
>   (update gtk20,)
>   create package for gtk20, and
>   install the gtk20 package to another machine WITHOUT librsvg2,
> then I miss svg_loader.so module registered in gdk-pixbuf.loaders.
>
> I think installing gtk20 from package should also run
> gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.
>
> The same problem can happen for immodules (I think).

I have committed this.  While the situation you describe is rare,
running these commands upon gtk20 package installation is not a bad
thing to do.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome