ports/120526: x11-wm/xfce4-desktop, x11-fm/thunar: should depend on graphics/librsvg2

Hiroto Kagotani hiroto.kagotani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 23:36:52 UTC 2008

Thanks all,

2008/2/22, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>:
> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>  > I think he means by run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders to update the
>  > etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the install/deinstall of librsvg2. I
>  > think (uncheck) our librsvg2 ports already does it.
>
> Right, but in order for librsvg2 to do that, it needs to depend on
>  gtk20.  Even if you write an external script to do the add/remove, the
>  actual pixbuf engine requires gtk20 in order to build.  Either way you
>  slice it, gtk20 cannot depend on librsvg2.

I didn't know librsvg2 port ran gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders at deinstallation.
Now, I find out my true problem is:
  install gtk20,
  install librsvg2,
  (update gtk20,)
  create package for gtk20, and
  install the gtk20 package to another machine WITHOUT librsvg2,
then I miss svg_loader.so module registered in gdk-pixbuf.loaders.

I think installing gtk20 from package should also run
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.

The same problem can happen for immodules (I think).

Thank you.
--
Hiroto Kagotani
<hiroto.kagotani at gmail.com>