ports/128694: www/firefox3 - Firefox 3 corrupts PostScript printer fonts

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Dec 24 11:00:14 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/128694; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
To: "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms at freebsd.org>
Cc: gnome at freebsd.org, freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/128694: www/firefox3 - Firefox 3 corrupts PostScript
 printer fonts
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:52:29 -0600

 On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 06:58:43 -0600, Bruce M. Simpson <bms at freebsd.org>
 wrote:

 > FYI I do not see this issue in Gentoo Linux 2008.0 with the latest
 > binary snapshot. I haven't looked under the hood in detail to see how
 > their installation differs.

 My sister is home now for x-mas and her Epson Stylus NX400 printer came
 with her. So... I have setup share printer in her Vista. I had to update
 gutenprint to 5.2.3 to get Epson Stylus NX400 driver. It seems work in
 print test so far. I am going to install Firefox 3.0.5, and will trying to
 reproduce your problem and try to see if I can get it fixes. I do not know
 if update of gutenprint will causing the different result, but I hope not.

 FreeBSD GNOME Team