firefox3 - enter key doesn't work in address bar

Randy Waterhouse randywaterhouse at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 07:51:45 PST 2008

I installed firefox-3.0.4,1 from packages on a system running
6.4-RELEASE using the ctwm-3.8a_2 window manager, also installed
from packages.  I'm running the GENERIC kernel.

I can type into the address and search bars but when I hit enter
nothing happens.  It's as if the enter key (including the one on
the numeric keypad) isn't being recognized.  This only happens when
in the address and search bars.  If I click on the home page icon
and go to the Mozilla Firefox Start Page, I can type into the HTML
search form on that page and the enter key works.

I also have this problem when I build firefox-3.0.5,1 from ports.
This is not a problem with firefox-2.0.0.18,1 installed from packages.