ports/115870: [DEPS] graphics/cairo reduce X dependencies

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 4 01:52:48 PDT 2007

Alexander Leidinger píše v út 04. 09. 2007 v 00:07 +0200:
> Quoting pav at FreeBSD.org (Mon, 3 Sep 2007 21:01:52 GMT):
>
> > Synopsis: [DEPS] graphics/cairo reduce X dependencies
> >
> > Responsible-Changed-From-To: gnome->pav
> > Responsible-Changed-By: pav
> > Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Sep 3 21:01:41 UTC 2007
> > Responsible-Changed-Why:
> > I'll give these a workout on pointyhat
>
> I expect some fallout of this (feel lucky if there isn't any). ATM I'm
> working on adding some explicit dependencies to all my installed ports.
> With /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/explicit_lib_depends.sh this is very
> easy (you can copy&paste and need only a small amount of work by hand),
> but time consuming.
>
> I found several ports which contain a reference to cairo, pango and
> various Xorg libs in its binaries, but no dependency in the port
> Makefile.

That's probably fine if they depend on gtk20 - sounds like an usual set
of indirect deps to me.

What do you mean by 'explicit' depends? I don't want to list every
single each lib in every single each port, when I can rely on indirect
dependencies via ports like gtk20.

> When I finish with adding the dependencies, I try a tinderbox run and
> provide the patch to gnome@ afterwards.

You might want to hold this off after GNOME 2.20 hits the tree - it will
be a massive change that would almost certainly invalidate your work.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

On real UNIX, /usr/bin/more prints -More-.