tracker search not working?

Must Karu mustikas008 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 22:44:54 UTC 2007

Thanks --

my main concern is to get tracker indexing the
contents of my .txt and .pdf files (and the rest, but
that's for later).

tracker webpage says:

tracker-extract FILE  -- this extracts embedded
metadata from FILE and prints to stdout

on my system,

tracker-extract FILE

when invoked on a text or pdf file gives nothing in
stdout. I conclude tracker does not extract anything.

Question: does this little test succeed for you? If
yes, then I conclude sth's quite wrong with my system.

cheers, must