decoupling the nspr from nss

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Jan 19 11:43:44 PST 2006

Hi, Wan-Teh!

I noticed, that the nspr-4.6.1.tar.gz is _exactly the same_ as the nsprpub/
subdirectory bundled with the nss.

At the same time, nss-3.11.tar.gz is 5Mb, whereas the 3.10 was just over 3Mb.
Maybe, you could keep the nspr out of the nss tarball and simply list it as a
requirement in future releases?

Also, using bzip2 instead of gzip shrinks the existing nss-3.11.tar from
5002908 to 3832764 (over 20%). Maybe, you can place both .gz and .bz2
archives on the ftp-sites? You may not care much for Mozilla's bandwidth, but
some downloaders care for theirs :-)

Gnome! FYI, I compared the nspr-4.6.1 with our nspr-4.6 and could not find
anything, that would change the binaries generated on FreeBSD -- the changes
seem to affect MacOS, RISCOS, and Windows only. I think, we can skip the
nspr-4.6.1 entirely.

	-mi