FreeBSD Port: gnomepilot2-2.0.13_3

Sven Göttner sven at goettner.de
Mon Oct 3 08:21:49 PDT 2005

dear four-toe'd maintainers,

on my search through the net last few nights in order to get my
usb-cradle with palm m500 to work with GNOME on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, i
found various statements concerning the current state of gnomepilot -
from "it works perfectly" to "it simply won't work until the next GNOME
release".

since none of the authors of the mentioned statements replied to my
request for the sources of their statements, i decided to ask you
directly - as i expect you to be probably the folks to know best...

so: a lot of people complain about gnomepilot never finishing the
initial sync to retrieve the palm username and id, while syncing with
pilot-xfer and jpilot works perfectly. What is the current status of
gnomepilot concerning this problem? Can I expect to get it working on
FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE with the ucom+uvisor drivers or do we simply have to
wait for next version? Would buying a serial cradle help?

I'd really appreciate your feedback, since i definitely am willing to go
on trying if i only know that success ***is*** possible...

Thanks,

	Sven

P.S.: Yes, everything has been cvsup'ed before installation and the
device is correctly identified as /dev/ucom0.